Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Day at Bear Lake
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Bait Caster and I made plans for a trip to Bear Lake today (Friday) and we weren't going to let no stinking blizzard stop us! I picked him up in Cache Valley in the middle of one heavy duty snow storm. We looked awful goofy loading gear into a boat to go fishing in the middle of that storm. We are glad we braved it cause it turned out to be a great day fishing the Bear. We got started fishing around 11:30 at Guss's Point in water that was 36 degrees. BC was using a white tube jig and I tried a pumpkin seed stuffed in the back of a white one ... not a good idea. After BC had caught three macks and me none, I decided to switch over to ONE all white one. I never did catch up with BC but it was fun trying. BC pulled in a nice 6 lb er for a total of 5 macks. I caught 4 (2 cuts and 2 macks), all under 3lbs. We only fished for four hours and the weather on the lake got VERY nice. We even had to take our warm hats and coats off for a couple of hours! The lake was like glass smooth all day! I learned something about BC; Don't EVER try taking his pole from him when the sonar shows fish next to his lure ... well Excuse Me! [shocked] LOL[/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Nice Day at Bear Lake - by Old_Coot - 01-11-2003, 05:42 AM