Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My FC4 rigging design
I'm not dead folks - even though the idea of a bullet in the head to end this crappy NY winter does have a certain attraction ... lol.
Anyways in order to stave off the free-time blues, I have begaun designing my fishcat's rigging.
Here it is so far:
Materials are PVC, omega clips, rubber, persiplex glass and an aluminum camping pan, similar to that used by the military. Everything will be rivetted or u-bolted.
1]Persiplex glass apron with camping pan for stripping/holding extra tackle/fly boxes.
2]Omega clamps will hold the apron to the rigid bars, allowing either end to pivot.
3]2 Gear baskets for extras lure boxes
4]Carabiners for extra waterproof bags, nets or live fish cage.
5]rubber locking lugs on brackets to fit snug against matching lugs to be glued to the tube for added rigidity (haven't made up my mind about this).
6]3 rod holders. The right front holder would be for dead bait/live bait or trolling.

The system would work as follows:
The two rigs are fitted to the tube pontoons by merely pulling the clamps apart and pushing the rigs till they fit snug and hug the pontoons. The apron would then be clipped onto one rigid bar and once in the water, the apron can be swung down to clip onto the opposite rigid bar.
The concept was to avoid bungee chords or having to tie anything and still hold fast. The rigid bar system would not only allow me easy exit and entrance past the apron, but would also give the pontoons rigidity and keep them apart.
All are invited to give their critiques and advice - please!

[Image: fishcatgear.jpg]

[Image: fishcatgearclips.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My FC4 rigging design - by AdictedBassTard - 01-18-2006, 10:23 PM