Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a new king in town
Arrrrrrrrrr Matey. I also read that very same article I bet, either in Big game fishing Mag, or Saltwater Sportsman. I get both.[cool] That's where I found that add at infact.

However, I really don't see the need for the horsepower, unless the fish aren't inshore yet, and you have to find the warmer water. I know i've fished a many King mack tourneys, and atleast 50% of the time, the winning king is caught inshore, along the mud line or close to the jetties. LOL, when I say close to the getties, I mean it. One year, a winning fish was caught 100 yards out of the mouth of the getties. Go figure. Half the teams probably spent 200 dollars in gas running. These guys snagged the big one a half mile from the hill. [Tongue]

I can see where the power would benefit if you had to actually make a run to get to the fish. Like around here, the gulf stream is nearly 55 miles in the summer. If you are fishing a billfish tourney or something of that nature, you've got one heck of a ride before you can start fishing. You'd need the horsepower to get you there and back.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
There's a new king in town - by Tarpon4me - 04-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Re: [Johnr] There's a new king in town - by Tarpon4me - 05-12-2006, 12:34 PM