Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batlett/Saguaro
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view&post=28736"][Image: winner.gif][/url][/center]Well since I started fishing Saguaro first lets go there what do ya think tube duder?

Saguaro.

Went out friday evenin mostly to check new motor, after that was dialed in I decided to fish shallow since the water temp was hovering around 61-62 degrees!!!Spawn?? I was tossing a light mojo rig up on real shallow shoreline and worked it back down to about 20 feet. Fourth or fifth caught one in about 2 foot of water and shortly after caught another around 2 foot of water. At this time the sun was fading fast then right at dark stuck a 8.12 in about 10 foot. made for a great pic and let her go back and finish finding a good nest. I think that the spoonin time is about expired at this fine lake and time to break out the plastics and rip baits for those prespawn bass. Buddies of mine were saying at day break that there was a decent top water bite around shiprock.. I am heading out tomorrow (tues) for some more at saguaro. I will keep you all posted.

Bartlett,

Hit Bartlett for some pre football fishing on sunday and if you read my post last week all that still stands. Fish shallow tappering main lake points with small worms and lizards, the bite is very very soft and those little bullies wont give you a second chance, its all just pressure no tick tick or line moving just pressure, and if you feel the tick its to late that was the fish dropping tube dudes bait and heading over to mine he he. Anyway we ended up with about 10-15 small bass biggest weighing in at a whopping 2.1 pound, The Flatheads are schooling up chasing shad as well, Saw the graph lite up so I dropped a spoon down and (wham) flathead 4.3, went back down flathead 4.7, went back down set the hook on a flathead 20+ that didnt want any part with coming to the surface so instead took off at about 90mph with a big (Snap) which would be my line and one of my favorite spoons by manns bait/basspro is called a Legends Rattlin Spoon, which was available in last years basspro but has since been discontinued. Bartlett is always worth the trip seem to always catch fish just nothing over 3 pounds.

Tube,

You know I have been posting and asking for a fishing date from you and these excuses.....my little nephew can come up with some better ones then the "back ache" lol just messin I have been there before and I dont envy you with that problem. I am sure the time will come where Tube and I can enjoy a great day on the water when I take that Stratos by his tube at 65!! weeeee. On a serious note that will be a day I look forward to fishin with the Moderator ( I know you are all jealous )

Good luck all and tight lines

fish on
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Batlett/Saguaro - by AZBassman - 01-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Re: [AZBassman] Batlett/Saguaro - by TubeDude - 01-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Batlett/Saguaro - by AZBassman - 01-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Re: [AZBassman] Batlett/Saguaro - by TubeDude - 01-31-2003, 02:06 AM
Re: [AZBassman] Batlett/Saguaro - by PREDATOR - 02-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] Batlett/Saguaro - by TubeDude - 02-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Re: [TubeDude] Batlett/Saguaro - by PREDATOR - 02-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Re: [AZBassman] Batlett/Saguaro - by lonehunter - 02-18-2003, 08:31 PM