Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAPPY 4TH GORGE KOKES REPORT
Daffy and I were on the big water today.We boated 12 kokes ,2 macks and one verrry small rainbow. We keep three kokes and both of the macks.We started in the big bend area,using orange cripplelures and fire tiger cyclops.No sooner had we sit down to enjoy our coffee and Daffy's pole was bouncing and fish on!!I contuined to use the cyclops with with no results.Switched to a pick scropion(made by shasta tackle,as I had never seem this set -up before yesterday).I caught a small koke and a three lb mack pup.Daffy had switched to a pink something or other( I cant remember)and he really started to nail the fish.We trolled across the lake to breeze hill,were we both caught fish ,switching out the lures from oranges to pinks to greens.

We contuined to troll on the east side through brezze hill, where we managed a double,both of us using glow in the dark lures ,with pinks ,whites ,and a little red mixed in for good measure.

Most of the fish came from 25-60 deep and running our lures about 40-60 ft behind the downrigger weights.Speed varied from 1.8 to 2.3.Water temps were close to 65degs.We finally bagged it about 2pm got a chance to talk to Buck3333 .He said they had just got to anvil and was hungry to catch some fish.We passed on as much info as we could over the VHF and wished them luck.

I must say Daffy is truley one great fishing buddy,as he regaled me with story after story in between catching fish.As he is a fisherman's fisherman.Thanks again for a great day on the water Daffy,I enjoyed myself time and time again with your great story telling.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
HAPPY 4TH GORGE KOKES REPORT - by sockeyeslayer - 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Re: [sockeyeslayer] HAPPY 4TH GORGE KOKES REPORT - by kokeking - 07-05-2006, 11:43 PM