Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WF 4-5-6 wt Floating fly line choices? Whats best and whats just overpriced?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]My $0.02, on floating line, go with the rod weight. Floating line is a bigger diameter than a sinking (for floating purpose)[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Now you being a beginner (again this is just my choice that I tell my students, so take it or leave it)[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]WF5 or 6 floating. Weight forward is more forgiving for a beginner and more versitile.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Yes the price of the line DOES make a difference. The more expensive line has a coating making it slicker. Also, you do NOT have to dress your line, or clean it (except if it gets real dirty).[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]My choices would be Scientific Anglers, Rio, Air Flow and Orvis.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You don't need a rocket taper, but you need a line that is going to last. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Money wise, $59. and up.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Keep in mind, the line can make a bad caster good and a good caster fantastic![Wink] Plus floating will be your main line.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Tight Lines to you <'}}}}}<[/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [5282jt] WF 4-5-6 wt Floating fly line choices? Whats best and whats just overpriced? - by flygoddess - 07-30-2006, 02:27 AM