Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture posting directions for the computer challenged like me

There have been quite a few requests for information about posting pictures, here is the one that i have been sending out. I tried to be quite detailed so this is a long post, it might be good to copy this and paste it into a word editor and then print it.

It is kind of involved, you need to have your pictures on a web page, I
just made my own free page on BFT it took me quite a while to figure it out,
but here goes.

1.. At the top of the BFT message board, click "Big fish fun"

2.. click "build free site"

3.. sign up for your free site and give the info they request

4.. activate your site by clicking the link on the e-mail they send you and then sign in

5.. click "preview website" and then "publish website"

6.. Now you should be able to upload pictures by clicking on the "sitebuilder" link at the top

7.. then click the "add/edit image" button on the left under image library

8.. upload images using the "browse" button and tell it what pictures to upload by telling it what folder it is saved in and then highlighting the picture in the file then click "open"

9.. click "upload custom image" and wait for the picture to upload

10.. repeat for more pictures

11.. resize all of the pictures to no more than 400 wide and about 100 wide for signature picture like the one I have

12.. build a photo album by clicking on the "photo album" link on the left side under pages (you may want to build a home page also)

13.. move your pictures to the photo album by naming an album and then clicking on the "edit"button and then clicking "add images" button

14.. Once you have added images to your photo album click "preview website" and then click "publish website"

15.. now go to that site (the e-mail that they send you has a link to it) click on the link at the bottom of your home page that is named after the photo album that you created

16.. open the image that you want to put in a post. now that it is enlarged, right click the image and then "copy shortcut"

17.. Now go to BFT message board and type your message. There are two ways to put the picture in the message. One way is to put your cursor in the place you want the picture and then

18.. click the image icon at the top of the message, (lookslike a framed picture) In the text box that appears delete the "http.//" that automatically appears and then paste the link to your picture that you copied earlier.

19.. now click preview message and your picture should be in the previewed message

Like I said, it is pretty involved, but I hope this helps, Post a question if this doesn't work for you.

Take care
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Picture posting directions for the computer challenged like me - by plecopterahopper - 02-14-2003, 04:03 AM