Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not so bright some times
I freely admit that.. I mean, I can usually out think a paper bag, but there are times when I'm sure that the paper bag will win.. Take today for instance..

My daughter is up from college to visit for a few days and we decide to drive across town to see Grandma (my mother-in-law).. She's a great woman, but I'm usually bored to death there so I rarely go with the wife and kid on these visits.. So anyway, I'm driving there and along the way we drive by the river.. I spot some trees down from the winter storms that look like fabulous spot to fish.. Then drive on to mom's house and park, and go inside..

Sitting there in the living room it occurs to me.. I could be fishing.. In the river.. Just half a block away.. You may be thinking, yeah, I can see that.. But here is the kicker..

This is the first time, ever, that I thought, hey, I'm just 300 feet from the St. Joe river and I could be fishing.. I've been married to my wife going on 21 years now.. Her mom has lived in that house for nearly 50 years.. And today was the FIRST TIME that it ever occured to me, I could bring a fishing pole with me, walk "300 FEET" and be fishing..

I've been accused of being slow at times.. But I think that this may be some sort of record..

Guess who I'm going to go visit next weekend [angelic]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
I'm not so bright some times - by Feydakin - 03-17-2007, 11:51 PM