Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decisions decisions.....
Well , i finally have all my computer / cable problems worked out so youll be seeing fishing reports up soon as well as regular posts from me hopefully.......just a side update, now onto the business at hand.

I recently started getting some income in and can finaly splurge on the things ive wanted for quite some time. And right now at the top of the list is fishing gear !!!!.

As of right now im useing a alright diawa and a plasstic box to keep my splitshot,extra hooks, swivels and a jar of powerbait....and that about sums up all the fishing equipment i own.

With that said its time to invest in some nice stuff....

Im not one to buy the bare essentials, when i spend my money i dont mind paying for something quality, along with the bells and whistles that make life easier Smile. And why not if you have the money ? Some may disagree and say save your money buy this or that, and thats fine too, i never said it had to be expensive or shiny ....just quality.... something i can be proud of and keep around for a good long while. Something that gets the ooohhhh and ahhhh`s , i will admit....i am one to pay abit more for the smoothest nicest reel even if the midrange is just as good just abit less do-dads and whatnot, but once again...its what i enjoy Smile.

And now that you have a general idea of what im looking for quality wise i guess the money issue comes along right? Well......as i said money isint realy an issue but i dont see myself spending 300$ on a rod either......maybe abit less.....welll definatley abit less haha, im not talking high high dollar pro gear... i guess you could say im looking for the bmw of gear .....high quality nice stuff....but not quite a ferrari or porsch.

ANd it dosent have to be all at once either.....and mostly likely wont be, i think its worth the time to research and really think about what i want and carefully build my collection.

Right now id would really like a nice tackle box, maybe a few lures , and the usual make your friends jealous and life easier gizmos, boy do i like my gizmos :p.

Along with a nice fish / situation specific pole to start with, and a nice reel of course. And well yeah i dont know all to much about gear so maybe you guys could throw some things out there?

Hmmm....heres a good way to put it.

If you had say 400-500$ to buy a few really nice things for yourself, quality, top shelf stuff. It must be fishing gear of course. Hopefully ill get a few ideas on what to be looking for, what i want and so on.

Thanks for any and all help in advance....i really do appreciate it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Decisions decisions..... - by _Mannix_ - 05-16-2007, 05:57 AM