Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revenge on Catfish that broke my pole anyone got good recipes?
Well my brother loaned me a bigger pole until mine gets replaced by the manufacturer. I got the catfish that broke my pole and how do I know it is it. It had two of my hooks a double hook and the hook that was hooked in it that broke the pole. It was 30" I have no idea how much it weighed as I don't have a fish scale. I got my revenge and he is in my freezer now. It had the hook I was using yesterday when it broke my pole lodged in its mouth. I will post pictures tomorrow. I did not have a stringer I trusted so I dragged him up in the net that I put him in once I got him to shore and I threw him in the trunk of the car. Finally my dad believes me that I was hooking into large catfish. I been going every day since I lost the first one because no one believed me and I really wanted my dad to believe me. He looked shocked " I never thought they got that big in that lake" The neighbor was out putting his trash out and he came over to have a look. My Dad looked pretty proud of me. He was grinning from ear to ear. Plus I was fishing from shore. I just wanted to prove to my Dad I had caught one by catching another one. He did not believe I caught one before. I got knocked down by one and it broke my line and I jumped on it and smashed my face on the rocks and it got away. This time it did not get away and I had proof that I had caught it. My younger brother who is really into fishing said he has never caught anything that big. So I have caught the biggest fish ever in my family. So now I need recipes to cook this one up to celebrate. I want it to taste good. I cooked a smaller one in a pan but it tasted awful. I need something really really good. I don't have a deep fryer. I am so excited. I was able to prove to my dad I was not a liar and it was not a "one that got away" story I made up. I was so excited to call him and tell him I had it in the trunk of my car and there was no way it could get away.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Revenge on Catfish that broke my pole anyone got good recipes? - by Santaaa - 06-15-2007, 04:52 AM