Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to surf fishing...help!
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I have been a reader for quite a while and enjoy this forum, but I registered today because I have some questions with surf fishing.

I just started getting into it recently. I live in Southern Maryland and have access to surf fishing on the Potomac River and on the Chesapeake Bay. I'm trying to learn as much as I can in order to enjoy it as much as possible and catch some fish, but the problem is, I'm still not sure on the bait to use or the even what type of rig to use.

I've been reading about artificial bait, such as the artificial bloodworms. I've tried them & nothing. I've tried the real bloodworms and often just get them sucked off the hooks. I've tried other things too. Its like nothing is working for me. I either get snagged on the bottom (constantly) or get my bait sucked off (constantly).

I was just hoping somebody can put me in the right direction before I waste any more time & money on stuff that doesn't work. This looks like something I'd really enjoy, as an alternative to bass fishing.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
New to surf fishing...help! - by iammetalcore - 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM