Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Canada
In Shangrila lake we caught quite a few northerns.. Most were in the 16 to 24 inch range, but we were targeting walleyes so we didn't expect to get big ones.. I know that a couple of the other guys were going after some pike with 5 of diamonds spoons and they were hitting in the 30 to 36 inch range..

These lakes aren't known for "huge" pike, but I know they are in there.. Last year we had a 45" plus hooked up until Dave hit his drag the wrong direction.. oops

You can see the lakes we fishing on Google Earth at 50.886831 -88.397366 and you can see a picture of the cabin we stay in.. Just waiting for Google to accept more of my pictures Smile If you go south east from the cabin / main island the gap to the lake that heads due west is called moose crossing.. Best walleye fishing is almost always there.. Lots of current and the channel goes from 30 feet up to about 12 feet and you can just kill them there..

If you go northwest from the cabin/island you'll see a very narrow channel that goes to a small lake north of the channel.. That's Shangrila and you can only get to that lake when the water is "high".. Just packed with Northern up there.. Caught more northern than walleye up there..
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Back from Canada - by Feydakin - 06-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Re: [Feydakin] Back from Canada - by mactuna - 06-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Re: [lunkerhunter2] Back from Canada - by Feydakin - 06-22-2008, 08:52 PM