Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New - Also From Lake Champlain
Hi Guys-

Just saying hey and I am glad to be here and a part of the forums.

I have been fishing all my life, since I could walk really haha! My father instilled it in me and we have been all over and doing all sorts of fishing - mainly freshwater and fly, but we get out to the ocean and all around.

I started fishing on the Belgrade Lakes in Maine at our camp, also home in the suburbs of Boston, and every chance I got in college. I graduated from the University of Vermont and was blessed to spend 4yrs right on Lake Champlain for some of the best fishing I have ever experienced in my life. After graduation, I couldn’t stay away…

With that, myself and a few friends while in school formed the website BurlingtonBoatyard, and after the interest grew by local boaters, anglers and businesses, we went full force and rebuilt it from the ground up over the last year. We got it established as an LLC, added features, services, affiliated with great resources (see our blog for contributions from Capt. Mickey Maynard, Lake Champlain fishing expert and much more), as well as working on a great partnership with Lake Champlain International (LCI). We will combine our services with their commitment to conservation and contribution to the environment and directly reinvest a percentage of sales revenue to the projects and initiatives they support and run for their members and the whole Lake community. These include hatcheries, Lamprey Eel research and prevention, mentoring for kids through fishing, and the renown Father’s Day Derby which gets about 6,000 anglers a year.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just really excited to be here and share my experiences but at the same time learn much more from a great staff of moderators, admins, and users from all over.

Hope to hear from you all in one way or another, and feel free to contact me anytime!

Tight Lines-

Guy[fishin]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
New - Also From Lake Champlain - by GuyBBY - 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM