Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the 3/4 day Pierpoint 5/14

Hey there guys,

I went out on the 3/4 day open party boat Pierpoint yesterday. (May 14) The Pierpoint is out of Pierpoint landing in Long Beach, located in Rainbow Harbor, just across from the Queen Mary.

We made a good 6am start with a really light load. (around 10 guys) Jimmy skippered, while Mikie, the more than a little famous 'Breakfast Burrito King' took care of the grill and helping out on deck and tank.

Next stop after the boat slip was the bait reciever where we got some good chum bait and some absolutely killer ANCHOVIES you could have put Saddles on! No kiddin' nice 5 inchers then some 8 and 9 inchers! Reports on the barracuda catches for the local boats weren't too bad the last few days for the boats south of Palo Verde so, that was our target area was for the day. No Catalina Island! Sniff, Sniff!

To make a short story very long, we fished around the Horseshoe, then further south near Huntington, then back up a bit, then around, but not near the rigs, then........ You get the idea. Jimmy tried big time to get the fish but the water was the nastiest i.e. dirtiest I've seen it in a while, except for maybe the San Gabriel river around PCH during peak storm warnings!

There were a few barracuda landed, mostly jig fish and otherwise the pickins were slim. Everyone had waaaaaaay light loads... as to be expected with the water and uncertain weather conditions. Most of the morning was dang cold but it did start to warm around 2 in the afternoon or so.

Lot's of fishing buddys (for the most part) and familar regulars on the boat make for a fun time whether a bunch of fish are caught or not.

After what seemed like a long drought, Jimmy pulled the hook, after actually getting it in, and we found ourselves off loading at the dock a little past 4pm.

I stand corrected on one point as dh tubinaaron pointed out. The Victory slayed 'em. Thanks guy.

Can't say we didn't try.

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fishing the 3/4 day Pierpoint 5/14 - by JapanRon - 05-15-2003, 06:41 PM