Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have moved
We have lived in the same house for over 28 1/2 years. We noticed a couple months ago that our mail no longer arrived in the early afternoon, but would arrive in the late afternoon. I just chalked it up to there being more mail for the them to deliver with the Christmas season. However, Christmas passed and the mail continued to arrive late in the afternoon. My wife noticed that we were getting far less mail than usual and that for a couple days we didn't get any mail at all -- which is highly unusual for us. She stopped in at the Bountiful post office only to find that our address had been marked as abandoned! Apparently, the post office has not been able to hire any new full-time employees for the past several months and we are one of the lucky[frown] ones to be on a route that is delivered almost every day by a different part-time employee. Probably because my son had turned in a change of address (over 6 months ago) a part-timer took this to mean that the entire family had moved. If he/she had only looked across the street from our mail box he/she would have noticed that there were cars parked in our driveway and the house was obviously lived in, and thus the address had not been abandoned! We know of many items of mail that were returned to the sender as being undeliverable and undoubtedly those senders and all of our magazine companies are waiting for us to get ahold of them and furnish them with our new address. What a disaster and of course because they are the government there isn't a thing in the world that we can do about it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
We have moved - by kentofnsl - 01-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] We have moved - by Vivid-Dawn - 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Re: [Vivid-Dawn] We have moved - by kentofnsl - 01-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] We have moved - by thparkie - 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM