Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caddis Navigator VI
[cool]I haven't seen one that wasn't nylon mesh for a long time. There's no doubt that it will trap water, unless you have some holes in it. Rather than using a knife, use an ice pick or a sharp nail. The holes do not have to be large to drain the water, unless you are planning on taking some serious waves over the bow.

I would suggest getting out on the water, and then scooping some water onto your "stripping apron" (a fly fishing term). Wherever the water puddles up, that's where you can poke a small hole, without worrying about the whole thing coming apart. Just be sure you are out from beneath the apron before you go stabbing it with an ice pick. If you don't, you will leak water too...or blood. No sense chumming for sharks.

That helps illustrate a good point. Finding a good deal on the internet is good...if you have already done your homework and you know exactly what make and model you want...from seeing and/or trying one first. But, other than the solid fabric of the apron, I don't think you will be disappointed in your new craft. Like I have said before, Caddis makes a good product. It's just that their idea of a good apron is not what yours is.

TubeDude
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Caddis Navigator VI - by DH_tubinjoe - 06-18-2003, 04:23 AM
Re: [DH_tubinjoe] Caddis VI - by TubeDude - 06-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Re: [DH_tubinjoe] Caddis Navigator VI - by TubeDude - 06-24-2003, 07:28 PM