Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike are hitting !
I didn't have time to re-size the pics so here's the low down .
Pic 005 is just the truck and boat at the launch . I was the only one on the lake yesterday , how cool is that !

I started off with my arsenal of Dare Devil lures from Eppinger and believe it or not I didn't get any results other than a small hammer handle following a red and white up to the side of the boat .

Thats when I switched over to a diving plug similar to a Hot n' Tot that I bought at that discount sporting goods store in Pinconning , Northern Supply .
The plug was a Uncle Bucks or Uncle Joes or some general unknown relative name like that but man did it produce the slams .
Pic 006 is the first 20" northern of many that was landed . He had that $1.00 lure buried down his throat past the gills , Lure retrieval was pretty easy and the fish released unscaved .
Most of the pike were just around 20" so i tuned the lures bill to drop down another two feet , thats when the 24" plus northerns started making there selves known (pic 007 )
Just before I ran into the 16" smalley in pic 008 I had a monster pike follow the lure right up to the boat , he was well into the upper 30" range possibly pushing into the low 40" range . I'm kinda glad he didn't slam that lure I was using , combined with the 6# test mono wirh a 4" steel leader and the ultra-lite Berkley rod I was using I knew something would have bit the dust and it wouldn't have been that fish . I didn't have any fears with the reel , Shimano Stradic 2000 can take that type of beating and then some .

Anyway I had a blast yesterday on the lake and can't wait for the weekend to get here for some more fun on the open water .

Now anyone that posts a reply to this with their big fish caught from now till the end of the month (I'm going for the overall quality of the pic not the fishes size ) will have their pic judged and the winner will get a free lure from yours truly . Your on the honor system in this contest .

Entry deadline is the end of this month , BFT members only .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Pike are hitting ! - by lonehunter - 05-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Re: [lonehunter] Pike are hitting ! - by lurtch - 05-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Re: [lurtch] Pike are hitting ! - by lonehunter - 05-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Re: [lonehunter] Pike are hitting ! - by lurtch - 05-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Re: [lurtch] Pike are hitting ! - by lonehunter - 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Re: [lonehunter] Pike are hitting ! - by lurtch - 05-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Re: [lurtch] Pike are hitting ! - by lonehunter - 06-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Re: [lonehunter] Pike are hitting ! - by lurtch - 06-01-2009, 02:36 AM