Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A liitle Hello from over here
You will be able to tell by my name I am from Germany. The pikes staying in the weed waiting for an easy prey are called 'Krauthecht' over here. The proper translation would be 'a pike standing' in the weed.
I ususally fish in waters in Germany and the Netherlands. On vacation we go to Sweden and Norway and usually take care that there is a good spot in the neighborhood where we rent our lodge. This year it will be Lake Maelaren which is known for nice pikes. (Sweden)
Pikes and bass is what we usually go for. Salmon is not so common over here - lower Rhine area - and the rivers and creeks offering the posibility are in the hands of flyfisher clubs . . . If you catch one it is usuall by coincedence or you go to put and take waters. Hate to do that.
As a member of the Deutscher Hechtangler Club (German Pike Anglers Club) I try to fish in a responsible way. That means in most cases the fish goes back to the water it was taken from. In the Netherlands it is common law anyway. That's one of the reasons why you find a lot of nice pikes there.
As far as I read about it it is getting more and more common in Northern America as well.
I dream to go to Canada or the US on day to go for Pike or Muskellunge. I once was there but that's already more than 20 years ago and I was not really there to fish. I just went one day and it was amazing. I hope one day I will be there again and hopefully will have lot's of time to spent on and at the water.
Hope to meet nice people here who will like to tell about their fishing.
If there is something you want to ask, feel free.

Best regards

Krauthecht
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
A liitle Hello from over here - by Krauthecht - 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM