Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wader care
[cool]You make a good point, myu. That is that it requires air circulation to get the insides of your waders dry. That reminded me that in the days I lived in northern California, I would often go fishing for steelhead and salmon with heavy "boot foot" waders. Sometimes I tried to wade out too far, or slipped and got water down the top of my waders. If I wanted to go back out the next morning, or later that day, I hooked up a ladies' hair dryer setup with a short flexible tube...that went to a head cover. I first rolled the waders down as far as I could, and then ran the hose down into the wet foot portion to dry out the fabric and insulation. It worked fine.

I have also used plain old vacuum cleaners that have a place to attach the hose to make it a blower, as well as a vacuum. It does not heat the air, like a hair dryer, but it does help the drying process a lot faster than just hanging them up.

Now, if you really want to blow dry some waders, take your leaf blower and rebuild the puny little motor with a 200 horsepower motorcycle engine. AR...AR..AR. Can you just see Tim Allen drying his waders?

The important point is that all waders will last longer and be more pleasant to wear if you take proper care of them.

Thanks, myu
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Wader care - by One_eyed_jack - 07-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Re: [One_eyed_jack] Wader care - by TubeDude - 07-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Wader care - by One_eyed_jack - 07-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Wader care - by EmuScud - 07-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Re: [One_eyed_jack] Wader care - by myu - 07-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Re: [myu] Wader care - by TubeDude - 07-28-2003, 11:48 PM