Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught?
Years ago I was fishing a really muddy river in Oklahoma. You literally could not see your jig if it was one inch under water. Somehow the fish managed to see whatever you threw at them and there were even some fast fishing days. It was midday in the summer and the fish had lock jaw so I was moving around and casting anywhere I thought I might find one. I took a cast really close to the bank and got an unpleasant surprise. Just as I pulled my sassy shad out of the water a cotton mouth that had been chasing it lunged out of the water and grabbed it. If anyone had been around to notice they would have seen a nervous guy in shorts frantically dancing around something on the end of his line. I picked up a rock and made sure that was the serpent's last mistake. Couldn't use the jig any more as it was covered with foul smelling venom. I'm glad he didn't get off the hook or a scary experience could have turned deadly.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What is the wierdest thing you've ever caught? - by fishguru73 - 06-24-2010, 09:59 PM