Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diawa baitcaster Strike Force SF150
Hey there mpwallace94,

Lot's of good advice! Here's more advice that you can apply or not.

I hope you like to cast buzzbaits, spinner bait or plugs because when you actually start fishing with a baitcaster these are comparatively easy to cast. I love the side cast or even the party boat pitch (underhand) toss.

Started using a baitcaster in 1953 with black dacron line (braid) terrible tangles. Recently I've found a line that I can put on almost any baitcaster and have good success in trouble free casting but also in undoing professional overruns.

The line is called Ironsilk. It is not a round line but oval in shape and is very easy to untangle. The oval shape, the fairly stiff core and the very slipery silk-like-surface reduces kinks. When you cast out the line kind of floats out. I use a fluorocarbon leader on the end of this line as the Ironsilk I use is a dark green.

Knot strength is very good BUT the line is a bit brittle, doesn't kink but brittle. Very, Vary abrasion resistant due to co-polymer material and the diameter of the line being bigger for the test rating. (thus I use a fluoro leader)

A little expensive but ...... it rings my chimes.

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [mpwallace94] Diawa baitcaster Strike Force SF150 - by JapanRon - 08-24-2003, 07:12 PM