Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolation prizes
[cool]That reminds me of when I lived in Sacramento and fished the American River for steelhead and salmon. A stretch that I fished often, all of a sudden developed a nasty snag, right in the middle of the run. After losing several rigs in a row, I gave up and went elsewhere. A couple of days later, I heard that the fish and game department had apprehended a couple of divers who brought in a set of bedsprings, cleaned off all the tackle and then threw the springs back out into that run.

I have done a lot of diving over the years...ocean, lakes and rivers. Even did some gold dredging a few years ago. I have never ceased to be amazed at all of the human castoffs and lost items you can find in our nation's waterways.

Back in the days when Nevada offered simple divorces, and other states were more difficult, a friend lived in Reno and made a good living diving for the wedding rings tossed into the Truckee River that runs near the courthouse. Many new divorcees would walk out on the bridge and toss their rings. Oh yeah, he saw a lot of big brown trout right in the middle of town too.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Consolation prizes - by hedgesd - 08-15-2003, 06:24 AM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by TubeDude - 08-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by Dryrod - 08-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Re: [Dryrod] Consolation prizes - by TubeDude - 08-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by Ahimanic - 08-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Re: [Ahimanic] Consolation prizes - by hedgesd - 08-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by JapanRon - 08-16-2003, 04:01 AM