Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout at Strawberry
Not that it really matters but I just read this thread and saw that Falcons Ledge was discussed. The ponds do get lower in the fall and winter. It obviously always depends on water rights and the amount of water. It does get shut off though. I have seen the ponds pretty low as the season ends. I was out there last month and everything seemed to be doing just fine.

FG The moss hasn't been all that bad. In the past few years they have also installed a couple more aerators. And of coarse the one pond with a waterfall that keeps an opening almost all winter long.
I think a better example of the rainbows in ponds being able to survive are the ones at Six Lakes. The fish at Falcons are almost pets in a way. The ponds at Six Lakes are much bigger and grow some FATTY rainbows. I wish I knew what strain of bow that they were. All I do know is that if I want to go catch some chunky, hard fighting rainbows on a fly rod I always keep Six Lakes in the back of my head. And of coarse that big pond downstream of the property. I think the survival of the fish depends mostly on oxygen. In winter or summer. The reason they are so fat. SCUDS
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by limitone - 10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Re: [riverdog] Tiger Trout at Strawberry - by FOD - 10-29-2010, 08:35 PM