Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLD QUESTION
[cool]Hey, my fine friend from the north woods, that was a great article. Thanks for sharing it with our humble forum here. It almost offsets the hit and run shots you are so well known for. Almost.

You really had everyone Confused with the long dissertation though. I almost got credit for another marathon post, when it was not mine at all.

The one major point to be taken from all those words is that sometimes the visibility of the lure is more important than how sexy we think the color is. That once popular toy, the "Color Selector"...with the indicator dial of what colors work best at the level you drop the probe...was based on that principal. When the combination of light intensity and water clarity suggested a certain narrow color range, it was because that was the wavelength of light that was most visible under those conditions.

I have been surprised and humbled many times over the years by thinking I knew exactly what the fish wanted...only to find they hit better on something else that I would have never thought of trying...until some rookie started outfishing me on it.

There are a lot of factors that can affect the fishing success on any given day. Colors have always been a major part of my lure selection. Then, you also have the size and shape of the lure, the depth of presentation, speed of retrieve, special action, etc. Man, it's getting so that it almost takes an onboard computer to catch fish anymore. Problem is, I keep spilling crawdad oil in the keyboard on my float tube. And that big new 21" monitor really messes up my forward casts...not to mention netting fish off that side.

Thanks again, Al. Come on back anytime. Won't be long now until snowbird season begins. Hope they raise the bag and possession limits on them this year.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
OLD QUESTION - by lonehunter - 08-22-2003, 02:59 AM
Re: [lonehunter] OLD QUESTION - by DH_tubinjoe - 08-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Re: [DH_tubinjoe] OLD QUESTION - by lonehunter - 08-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Re: [lonehunter] OLD QUESTION - by TubeDude - 08-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Re: [lonehunter] OLD QUESTION - by JapanRon - 08-22-2003, 06:02 AM
Re: [lonehunter] OLD QUESTION - by lonehunter - 08-25-2003, 12:04 AM