Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just can't find the right tube.....need help
Does Water Skeeter make a regular tube or just the Day Tripper?
I had a Day Tripper and I am not that big so my response echo's TD's on that tube, BUT, I have several BIG friends and that tube is perfect for them. So again, different tubes, different bodies.

I have had a Caddis, Donut, a U tube, SFC, a Day Tripper, and H3 Freestyle, NFO Navigator II, and an Escape.
I have broke my back in three different spots, so I do feel the pain. I found wearing a back support helps big time. For me, the most comfortable out of all these, for me is the Freestyle, and the Escape, but the Day Tripper was very comfortable, just too many other cons to that tube like the size, the fact it is layered, takes awhile to put it together, the wind resistance, plus the material it is made out of. Main reason I don't have it anymore is the seams split three times.

I know people will say the Escape is too heavy (22 lbs) to pack in, but if you go with the smaller tube, then a chair to make it more comfy....which is more awkward and heavier?

I know I can still do the remote hike ins, even with my back, but a good support makes a big difference. If I could pick ONE float tube for this, it would be HANDS DOWN the H3, but Sadly, they are no longer. The perfect tube to me.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Bozwell] Just can't find the right tube.....need help - by flygoddess - 05-10-2011, 02:08 PM