Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what`s your favorite bottom fishing bait poll?
I like the fly bait. Sounds like a good idea. I currently use pinfish, usually caught in an overnight trap, using fresh fish scraps from the cleaning station in the marina.

I also use live cigar minnows when I can catch them on a sabiki rig but that has been hard to do in my area. Live bait fish, in my opinion, are had to come by in the Alabama area. Unlike Destin where you have bait boat/barges that fill your live well for about $20, we have to catch them in Alabama.

I attribute the problem to the "Jubilee" in the Mobile area. This fanomenon occurs about twice a year when oxygen levels in Mobile bay and surrounding bays get very low and the fish began to feed on the surface. People run around in boats and scoop the fish in nets. The inland waters are just not very productive so we don't have much live bait.

I jig sabiki rigs on just about every shallow reef I fish and often catch better there than I do at the pass.
I also cut bait with fish I catch that I can't eat and that are legal. We do well on cut barracuda in very deep water. We catch snapper, grouper ,AJ, just about anything. I think, as long as it is fresh, regardless of what it is, it is great to cut up and use for bait.

Sure wish I could buy live bait in the morning and save time. Live bait fish, any kind, is my number one choice.

Shor
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Len_Cody] what`s your favorite bottom fishing bait poll? - by shor - 07-10-2016, 03:28 PM