Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Fishing Charters - Red Grouper
I've caught them shallower out of MI and G-town. [Wink] This time of year though, it's not so great. Everyone that is bumping bottom around the vermillion, santee banks, etc... is only getting short fish and BSB. Pretty typical. Different ball game when fall rolls back in. I've caught keeper Gags during winter in less than 50' of water.

We use carolina rigs as well, unless anchored. I'll tie on a knocker rig at that point. [cool] The guy I fish with the most doesn't like to anchor, which I do. So, mostly carolina rigs or jigs. LOL!

FYI, the SAFMC reg for circle hooks covers bottom rigs specifically designed for use with natural bait. Jigs and artificial lure delivery methods don't apply to the rule.

Good to hear you've fished out of our local waters. You should also visit charlestonfishing.com if you frequently do so. We have a little club called the Winyah Bay Fishing Club that gets together the second wednesday of each month. If you are ever in the area of Pawleys Island, let me know. We'd love to have you stop by, drink beer, and tell lies. [Smile]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [CptRickReddick] Tampa Fishing Charters - Red Grouper - by Tarpon4me - 08-12-2011, 12:10 PM