Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Panfish at Cutler (8-23)
Cutler Res. - Went out with BFT member CvFisher to his secret spot at Culter. My twin and I arrived at Benson Marina at 4pm due to faulty Google Maps directions. We got in his boat and headed to his spot where he promised us some good Black Crappie action.

Boy was he right! Right off the bat CvFisher picked up 3 slabs in quick succession and a good sized bluegill. I moved around and lost 2 crappie within seconds of dropping my rig into the water. Luckily I learned to not pull so hard and landed one.

Then as I moved to another spot I picked up an MONSTER bluegill! This thing was 10 inches long and had a 10.5inch girth! Damn, it was 1 and 5/8th of an inch short of the catch and release record for utah! :evil:

My twin got into his 1st Black Crappie ever at 12 inches long in the same spot, another off his bucket list. We watched as the master (CvFisher) continued to slay the black crappie right and left and he even managed to get a LMB at 12 inches long! We went to his house (which is close by) and he donated his fish catch to us, one hell of a guy if ya ask me!

Totals were: Me = 1 crappie and 1 bluegill. Twin = 1 crappie.
CvFisher = 4 crappie, 1LMB, and 1 bluegill with tons more lost than caught.

I used a 1/16th jig head in orange and yellow with a mealworm as the jig body. My twin caught his on a black marabou jig tipped with a mealworm under a bobber.

Cutler Res looking glassy!
[Image: 740368.JPG]

My almost record Bluegill!
[Image: 740370.JPG]

A beautiful sunset at the Benson Marina
[Image: 740369.JPG]

Me and the almost record Bluegill. What a monster!
[Image: 740371.JPG]

The monster next to a 7 inch gill. And I used to think a 7 incher was a good size!
[Image: 740372.JPG]

My twin with his giant black crappie at 12 inches long!
[Image: 740366.JPG]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Monster Panfish at Cutler (8-23) - by TyeDyeTwins - 08-24-2011, 07:31 AM