Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass-acre at East Canyon (8-30)
East Canyon - Went to heber for business and the T-storms by 1pm looked bad over the unita's so we headed to our back up plan, EC. What a great choice that was! Arrived on the water by 2:30pm and set out for the cove before the state park but after the dam. The water level had lowered a bit and the wind was kicking up so we stuck to bank tangling.

My twin caught 3 bass before I switched to the same bait and then it was on for 3 hours! We caught 14 SMB's with 2 caught by my twin that were 13.5 inches long. I lost a SMB right at my feet that will haunt me for a while. Still there were bites every 5 casts or so and lots of lost SMB's that spit the hook out.

My buddy showed up with his girlfriend around 5pm and he got 3 SMB's before I called it quits at 6pm. He stayed longer so who knows how he did after me. Still seeing 17 SMB's in such a short time span is a good day in my book!

We were using a 4 inch senko worm in changeable Craw color rigged wacky with red hooks and Gulps Crawdad spray. My buddy got his on a Blue Fox Gold spinner in size #3. My second pole with a nightcrawler and marshmallow went ignored the whole time.

My twin with his fat 13.5 inch SMB at East Canyon Res.
[Image: 742472.JPG]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bass-acre at East Canyon (8-30) - by TyeDyeTwins - 08-31-2011, 06:00 AM