Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems
Hey Ron!! I like your 2# line solutions for split rings and hooks whose eyes aren't closed. To this point I've simply been making sure the knot is tied tight in the single wire section of the split ring (I have changed the split ring to a snap on some lures when the split ring was too bad) and at the very top of the hook's eye, hoping it won't move, but it has moved on occasions, ending up with the problems you stated. I'm going to start carrying a small bottle of finger nail polish with me on the stream. Do you use Rose or Chartreuse?

As for the knot, I've been using the improved clinch with Ande line. Going to an improved double clinch is a good idea, but I haven't run into a lot of problems with breakage at the knot to this point and I've been fishing 2# line over 30 years starting in the days of Garcia's Platyl. I usually don't put a lot of value in a company's advertising, but maybe Ande's stuff about their line won't break at the knot has some truth!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems - by JapanRon - 10-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Re: [JapanRon] Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems - by fishfather - 10-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Re: [JapanRon] Solving two 2lb Test Line Problems - by hharada - 11-26-2003, 11:27 AM