Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubbleup Whitie Whackin' 2-10-12
TD, can you launch south of the cooling ponds, or do you have to come in from Lindon Harbor?

[cool][#0000ff]Until a couple of years ago there was no free access south of Lindon. Then Utah County cleaned up the shoreline...removing reeds and debris...and put in a nice little free park...with picnic pavilions and nice sandy beach. There is free parking across Vineyard road (see map) and both stairs and a wheelchair ramp going down to the little park. In addition, you can walk along the old road around the end of the cooling pond on the south and launch anywhere along that shoreline. It is nice to see that shoreline clean of all the phragmites and trash that used to restrict access.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There were a couple of times last year that I motored down there from Lindon and found tubers who had launched from shore nearby. I have launched there myself but not since I began using the motor. That's a long ways to carry a motor and battery.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bubbleup Whitie Whackin' 2-10-12 - by TubeDude - 02-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Re: [cpierce] Bubbleup Whitie Whackin' 2-10-12 - by TubeDude - 02-17-2012, 10:44 PM