Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Mantua ice is always good to me
Woke up kinda late this morning but the blue skies enticed me to load up the ice gear and head to Mantua. Mantua has always treated me well on the late ice. Today was no exception. Several inches of slush on some starting to rot ice provided a little adventure. Parked on the south dike and headed towards the hill. about halfway there I got pretty winded so I stopped and drilled a hole. First drop scored a 7" perch. That was quickly followed by a very nice bluegill. Soon I saw something very large on my graph headed to my jig. Bam! something real heavy and peeling drag like crazy. Finally got him topside and I had scored the biggest bass I have ever caught. Hard to tell size from the pic, but i measured him with a piece of my sled rope and marked it. When I got home I took a tape to that piece of rope and it was 19 3/4". I would say that she weighed near five pounds. Anyway, back down the hole she went. Ended up catching another that was right around 17". Ended the day with 8 keeper perch, 12 good sized gills and the two bass. Oh yeah, I was using a small white tube tipped with wax worm all day.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Late Mantua ice is always good to me - by CVfisher - 03-05-2012, 03:18 AM