Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Fight...Millcreek + City Creek
So the other day (thursday) I hit Millcreek in town to see what I could get. Got 2 Browns...lost several others...including a Rainbow Trout. Not bad for 1 hour of fishing..but I have had better. No camera...TDT had it at the berry.

Today (Friday) I went to the same spot...got a bite...so I took off for City Creek Canyon. Tried various spots till I finally started to get into some fish. Got a nice Brown...well nice for that creek anyway.
[Image: 790662.JPG]

Sure enough a young woman comes by with her dog off leash in a on leash section of the park...no biggy. So then the dog jumps into the pool...bugged but no biggy. Then the dog takes my fish and runs for it. Well that is when I told the lady this in a calm manner, "just to let you know this a "on leash" section of the park, I have a dog myself so I can relate, but you need to have him on a leash." Oh boy she called me every name in the dictionary, challeged me to call it in, and gave me some not so friendly advice on what I could do with my hair. She left and so did I....but the adventure was just begining. I went up canyon to fish some waterfalls.
[Image: 790663.JPG]

Some distance away I could hear the familar bark of that dog again....and I thought, "oh boy this aint over yet". There were other dog walkers around me and they were getting a thrill watching me catch fish....yelling each time I missed one. That is when the lady + her dog was back and walking towards me....this time she had her boyfriend with her. So I put down my stuff and walked towards them.

That is when the boyfriend said, "hey buddy whats this about you tellin off my girlfriend, you want to go". I got in a Right Front Guard and said, "I have been teaching and taking martial arts for 7 years, go ahead and throw the 1st punch but I will kick your......" That is when he said those famous words, "next time, next time".

So I continue to fish...even getting some cutts on the famous "TubeDude" maribou's. Having a great time I moved hole to hole getting my share of creek fish...not much size, but great colors.

A Cutthroat Trout
[Image: 790664.JPG]

Another Brown Trout
[Image: 790665.JPG]

As it was dark I headed back to the parking lot. To my surprise the couple was there at the gate waiting for me...with a couple of the boyfriends friends too. With 4 guys and just me, I knew that blocking 8 arms would be almost impossible. So I took off my sunglasses, gave them the 1,000 yard stare, and un-clipped the knife on my side. They saw the knife and made motions suggesting that they wanted nothing to do with that. Fight avoided, mission accomplished!

The whole afternoon I was using a Count Down Rainbow Rapala in size CD1, a silver bladed black/silver body black tailed Roostertail Spinner in size 1/8oz, and a TubeDude Marabou (siver/black). I caught 9 Browns and 2 Cutthroats...only kept one because he was a big time bleeder.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Almost Fight...Millcreek + City Creek - by EvilTyeDyeTwin - 05-19-2012, 06:12 AM