Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday Rod Building Class at Hooked
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]After going the wrong direction I finally ended up at Hooked for the Saturday session of Hooked's rod building class. There were a number of BFT folks there all primed to begin their new project rods.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I believe FlyFishingMoose, UncleRay, and a possible new member of our board, Steve? were building fly rods. Polokid and OneEyedJack were building spinning rods, Fishcrazy was building a nice graphite ice rod, and I was the only baitcaster in the crowd.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]HFT and his staff were great at helping and offering tips on all aspects of the first portion of the class which included splining the rod, fitting the cork handles and fore grip, and setting the reel seat to match the spline of the rod. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]As with the first class, a lot of the "rookie" builders were getting fired up with their new project and couldn't wait to come back to the second class to learn to wrap eyes and the finishing touches to complete their project. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I know I'm fired up. I brought with me the new reel I am going to attach to my new St. Croix jig stick and I could tell with just the reel seat and cork in place and reel attached it was going to be SWEET! Now, if I just don't screw it up wrapping eyes! HA!
[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]See you boys next Saturday at the next class! For those who didn't make it, All's I can say is you missed out![/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Saturday Rod Building Class at Hooked - by BearLakeMack - 12-07-2003, 04:35 PM