Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Powered 'Toon
FlyGoddess,

Regarding 303 Protectant for inflatable boats:

[quote flygoddess]Get some 303 Protectant, not Armoral. Walmart carries it. Clean the toon with it periodically during the year and remember to hose and soap down the toon after every trip, ...[/quote]

I bought a Dave Scadden Fishing Kayak with stand up capabilities for sight fishing. It's nice. I used it for 10 plus miles by road (more by Jordan River) for my second use. First use was Lost Creek Reservoir.

I got a rash which was maybe poison ivy, but more mild than if I actually touched the plant. My inflatable kayak went over a lot of aquatic plants in the river. Perhaps some was poison ivy or something similar. Not sure. I deflated it looking clean and rolled it somewhat and put it in my car on my fishing trip camping bedding and later lifted it with the bottom material against my face and the arms and chest of my shirt. I got the rash slowly over the next few days. I washed all of my camping bedding and supplies. Today I'm scrubbing my kayak with Dawn dish detergent and hosing it off and everything that went on the trip.

There are some other possibilities for the rash. Does the Jordan River have swimmers itch or algal bloom or maybe just traces of poison ivy from all the leaves that blow into the water (I got splashes from using the paddles and was sitting in some of the Jordan River water)?

But, the main reason I'm replying to your post is I have a gallon of 303 Protectant and figured it would be good to increase the life of my Dave Scadden Fishing Kayak by preserving toughness and flexibility of the material and blocking UV rays from the sun, so I searched and found your post. You used it way back in 2014 and earlier, so I'd like to know if you think 303 Protectant has done well for you on your Dave Scadden inflatables.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Need New Powered 'Toon - by atvaholic - 02-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Re: [idahoron] Need New Powered 'Toon - by jmach - 02-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Re: [flygoddess] Need New Powered 'Toon - by RonPaulFan - 07-28-2019, 11:12 PM