Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pyramid Lake Report 12/12 & 12/13
[cool]This past Friday and Saturday I had the priveledge of fishing Pyramid Lake, NV (30 miles north of Reno). My plane got into Reno at about 7:30 and my dad and I were off to the lake. Unfortunately his buddy wasn't able to take us out in his boat because he spent 5 hours in the hospital the day before and had some health issues which sucked because my dad's u-joint in his boat motor is broken, so we were stuck to fish from shore. [mad]

So, we headed over to a spot on the West side of the lake called "Blockhouse." and fished from there. On Friday, I only caught one Cutthroat at 19" but didn't get a pic of that one, and dad caught 2 just under that size. At Pyramid the size limits are 2 fish total between 15" to 19" are keepers, and anything over 24" also is a keeper, so dad had two fish to take home.

Saturday went a little better with dad and I catching about 5 fish each, but I caught the biggest. Ha Ha!!! He was 21 1/2" and weighed about 3 pounds. That's the picture attached below. One guy fishing right down the beach from us caught a nice 25 incher which weighed in at exactly 5 pounds even, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

All in all it was a fun time, and MUCH better than being at work. We caught the fish on spoons made by Blue Fox called "Tor-P-Do," but unfortunately they don't make them any longer. We would have caught way more fish than this if we were on the boat, but it was a good day anyway!!!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Pyramid Lake Report 12/12 & 12/13 - by Out4Trout - 12-16-2003, 02:04 AM