Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddle Cove Revisited 12/17/03
Southernman,
Your conversation about inflatable boats is very interesting. I own a 1985, eight foot Achilles inflatable craft with a 7.5 HP Honda four stroke engine. It is a really neat little boat. It has seen service in Lake Mead many times,as well as Bear Lake Utah, Black Canyon, Willow Beach,Lake Powell,the Northern Califofnia Delta,Pacific Ocean, several California lakes, etc. As you can see, it is very portable. It can be launched just about anywhere. My fishing partner, Don, used it for albalone fishing last season at Fort Ross. He told me he was excited with the fact that four abalone divers could work out of it at a time. I bought it several years ago at a garage sale for $150.00, invested another $100.00 in new valves, and put out $400.00 for the engine. These boats are extremely stable and seaworthy. I would not be afraid to take it anywhere in Lake Mead. The engine will make the craft plane at a pretty good speed... Probably about 8 to 10 miles per hour. It is a "Get Wet" boat. However, for putting around the coves of Las Vegas Bay, it is a lot of fun. Mostly now it just sits in Don's garage waiting for its next excursion. I have kind of lost interest in it in the last couple of years because I have the Bay Sport. I do not intend to sell it because it is not worth a lot of money and every once in a while I find a use for it. If you are seriously interested in purchasing an inflatable, perhaps you should take this one out and see how you like the experience. I can tell you right now, fishing out of a small inflatable, is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. They are small, don't hold a lot of gear, and it is hard to stay dry. However, there is the joy of being out on the water in any kind of boat and having a $20,000.00 boat is not a prerequisite of catching big fish. Send me a private message if you want to use it sometime.

Bay Sport
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Saddle Cove Revisited 12/17/03 - by Nu2Fishagain - 12-18-2003, 04:27 AM
Re: [southernman] Saddle Cove Revisited 12/17/03 - by BaySport - 12-21-2003, 06:21 AM