Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mohave 3-22-14
Go figure... Haven't launched out of Cottonwood in nearly 2 years and there is a big azz tournament happening. Almost 50 boats launched. I got there about half way through the launch so I just hit the parking lot and got a good spot for the truck/trailer and waited it out. Once we launched I hit the "off" spots, etc to avoid the tournament guys.

Anyways. Couldn't ask for a better day. More or less zero wind all day and in the low 80s. Water temp started out at 60 or so if I remember correctly but got into the 62 range really fast and up from there way back in coves later on in the day. The river was a couple degrees colder than the lake. So with that being said the lake Smallies are on beds and I think are already on egg watch. The river Smallies are scouting bed locations but haven't set up camp yet. The lake fish were certainly more active than the river fish.

Water clarity was essentially unlimited. I was sight fishing in 35 feet of water easily enough...

Only landed 8 fish. 1lmb and 7smb. 2 of the SMBs I caught about 10 miles up the river. One on a 6xd diver down deep in a cove (15-20 foot) and the other was on a drop shot close to the shore. He was scouting a bed location/area but I never seen a actual bed anywhere. The LMB was on a jig/craw trailer combo in about 35 feet of water. Another SMB was on a 6XD and one on a squarebill. The rest were on drop shots and were bed fish.

We ran into StarsnStripers a couple hours into the day and got to say hi and exchange a little fishing info that each had experienced so far for the day. Always nice to meet someone off the forums out there.

A couple pics of the day...

[Image: LakeMohave_03-22-14_001.jpg]

[Image: LakeMohave_03-22-14_004.jpg]

[Image: LakeMohave_03-22-14_005.jpg]

This gopher snake was just about every inch of 6 foot... FASSST on the water. I had one heck of a time catching up to him with the TM once I seen him for some pics.

[Image: LakeMohave_03-22-14_008.jpg]

One of the river Smallies we landed.

[Image: LakeMohave_03-22-14_011.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mohave 3-22-14 - by wolfs4evr - 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM