Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing report Fri 7/11
Walls around there generally have many small fish. Know that going in and it's fun.

I've found the better days there are when it's really windy.. but that means boat control issues. I consider my boat as just another "tool" I use to catch fish..

Positioning, speed and so forth are critical. Easier if you don't have to worry about "back-seating" your partner. A drag chute might be one solution but near a wall brings it's own problems. Decent trolling motor helps but you know that.

When It's flat like in your photos I am fishing more finesse...tube, grub, shaky head or wacky rigged senko. Depends on if the bass are on the bottom or suspended. I noticed in summer the bass travel that Dam area fast and in small pods...4 to 12 fish. I've found it's seldom rewarding to run back over a spot because I caught one there

A heavier weight on your 5" or 6" grub can get the plastic below the smaller fish sometimes. I'll fish a shaky head up to 3/8oz with an 7" or 8" cut-tail down to 25 ft or slightly more.

Don't neglect throwing from the wall out into deeper water and letting your lure pendulum back to you...sometimes they are suspended. And remember to fish the edges of the shadow lines...just like a piece of cover. Bill Siemental has a great video on Big Bass Zone demonstrating that.

I won't "camp out"on a spot ...if the bass are there you are getting bit in a couple casts...that's on Mead
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fishing report Fri 7/11 - by MOJAVE_RED - 07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Re: [MOJAVE_RED] Fishing report Fri 7/11 - by reellittlephish - 07-17-2014, 02:53 AM