Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 2-6
Hi all,
Tunahooker and I took my boat up to Jordanelle yesterday looking for some rare February open water, and weren't disappointed. The Hailstone ramp is still iced in, so we launched off of the PWC ramp with no issues. The far eastern half of the Rock Cliff arm is still iced up with rotten ice, as is the entire north end. However, with these warm temps and wind, I bet the whole lake will be ice free by the end of the new week.
We had our game plan as to where to fish, but decided to check out a different spot that looked promising. Its a good thing that we did as we found a group of active fish. Six of our seven fish of the day came off of this spot in less than an hour. TH had the hot rod and boated four trout of four different species off of this spot. He got a 19" rainbow (pic 1), 20 cutt (pic 2), a 17" cutt-bow, and a 21" brown (pic 3). I caught a 17" rainbow with great colors, and a 19" brown (pic 4) , which was my first trout on a fluke. We each missed several more fish.

Once that spot had dried up we tried several other similar spots with no luck. Then the wind came up and we decided to troll. TH picked up another 19" rainbow, and that was it. All of the fish except the cutt-bow were very well fed and chunky. All fish were released. Water temp was 37 degrees and very clear. Nothing like open water in Feb! Fred K.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle 2-6 - by wiper_junkie - 02-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Re: [wiper_junkie] Jordanelle 2-6 - by Kalastaja - 02-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Re: [Kalastaja] Jordanelle 2-6 - by wiper_junkie - 02-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Re: [wiper_junkie] Jordanelle 2-6 - by bornfishin - 02-10-2015, 03:34 AM
Re: [wiper_junkie] Jordanelle 2-6 - by MasterDaad - 02-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Re: [MasterDaad] Jordanelle 2-6 - by wiper_junkie - 02-10-2015, 06:31 PM