Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing Report 1/10/04
Started fishing at 9:30 and was off the lake at 3:00. (see my earlier post to where we launched my boat) Started fishing off the pumphouse in 24-38 feet using 4" tubes tipped with cisco. Caught one decent cut about 30 seconds after we started. Then my dad (out here on vacation from Michigan) lost a whopper mac that broke the line. A bunch of floating ice moved in and made it impossible to fish so we moved over to the rockpile and fished anywhere from 32 out to 66 feet. I snagged one cisco right on top of the pile using a jigging spoon, but that was it for the cisco. We marked a couple of schools of cisco on the finder, but there were not a lot of fish out there yet. Next weekend should be better. We caught several cutthroat on tube jigs in the rockpile area and the only other boat out there was doing well jigging small kastmasters for whitefish right on top of the pile. We also tried fishing off the weedbeds south of Gus's Point. No luck there. Today was calm as glass but unbelieveably foggy. The only way we found our spots was using GPS. Visiblity was approx. 50 feet. All in all it was a great day on the water.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Fishing Report 1/10/04 - by BearLakeFishGuy - 01-11-2004, 03:21 AM