Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 1/10/04
Fished Causey using my new fishfinder (thanks Petty) and my new 8" Ice Auger (thanks Teroy)

AIr temp was hover in the zero range when we got there water temp was 32 deg. We fished in 24 ft of water on about 18" of ice (total) 4" crusty 3" slush under the crust and the rest hard water.

Between UncleRay and I we caught about 50-60 fish kept 5 total biggest was a 13" spake and 1 Kokanee all the rest were splake.

Uncleray caught about 10-15 fish I was just knocking em dead and easilly pulled up 40-50 fish we caught fish on the bottom on waxworms and on crawlers on an icefly. I used no flashers but was using the strike indicator on a riged eagleclaw ice pole. UncleRay was using an ultralight icepole without strike indicator. I beleive that was the difference between the different amounts of fish we caught between us. I cauld set the hook and Uncleray could not as easily. There were hundreds of bites.

Fish were caught from the bottom to just under the surface of the ice. The one koke I caught was down about 6ft and it was the only one we caught.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Causey 1/10/04 - by FlyFishingMoose - 01-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Re: [FlyFishingMoose] Causey 1/10/04 - by aquaman - 01-13-2004, 10:57 PM