Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place to backpack with the wife
For our 18th wedding anniversary, I get to plan our 3 day, 2 night getaway. And my wife has agreed that she would love a backpacking trip. Though we like the outdoors, and gone camping as a family, we've never been backpacking just the two of us.

I'm thinking of leaving early one morning, then hiking into a place and camping one night, then hiking out the next late afternoon and spending our second night in a comfortable bed and breakfast somewhere.

So I come to this board seeking advice on locations. We aren't in the best of shape but couldn't probably handle most any hike rated easy to moderate, somewhere under 4 miles, I'm thinking. I don't mind being in a location where other people are, I'd actually prefer to see some other humans along the way; but don't want a packed location.

My wife isn't a fisherwoman, but she loves me! And she'll be happy to spend some of the time on the shore of a nice little lake for part of the time. We've calendered a date in mid-July, so I'm thinking a higher elevation because of the heat.

Thanks for any suggestions.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Place to backpack with the wife - by akammerman - 05-21-2015, 09:37 PM