Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another Willard Monday
Hi Brent, I always use the closest ramp to the channel. When I finally look at my finder, it reads 2.3 feet until I get to the channel and then it reads about 8.5 feet . Looking at it another way, I have a 3000 lb (like for an 18-foot boat) size boat trailer and I am able to submerge the fenders. My boat floats with about 4 inches of my fenders showing. I know this because when I back in for loading, I go deeper to wet the skids so the boat slides on better.I have never hit anything except in my driveway.(dumb!)
As you probably know, There are things out in front of the docks that will get you. I never go near them. Most of the time, I float my boat off the trailer on a rope and pull it back, beaching it on the ramp. I always seem to have time to park in the old folks spot and walk down, step in and push off. My boat is pretty small , 16 ' lund,so this is pretty easy. It is also pretty old so I don't mind a few scratches on the bow plate. . When I come in, I beach the boat on a little sandy spot next to the ramp and go get the truck. I don't even tie off unless there is an off shore breeze. Learned that the hard way. Sort of funny watching your boat heading out the channel without you.
I'm originally from The Midwest and then Colorado and I am simply amazed at how unused this marina is. I love it. Same goes for the Lake. In the Denver area, you would see 30 boats on a lake like this, right now. We are so lucky! Two other notes of interest., the fish cleaning table is closed and so are the bathrooms. There is an open vault toilet down at the end of the camp ground however. Hope this all helps.See you on the water.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Just another Willard Monday - by ZUKI_BLUE - 10-30-2015, 12:11 AM
Re: [fish_fear_me2] Just another Willard Monday - by ZUKI_BLUE - 10-30-2015, 04:05 PM