Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piru/Castaic Tubing Report 1/17/04
I went to Lake Piru to go float tubing with TubeNtoo only to find out that the water level was down about 60 feet. There was hardly enough shorline left to tube on because of the bouys being so close.

We changed our plans and went to Castaic instead.

The water was calm, 51 degrees and according to DFG, they had just recently planted. What a bunch of liars.

We covered about 2 acres of paddeling around to only find 2 blips on the sonar. So we moved closer to the shore line maintaining about 150 feet. After about 10 minutes I got a small bump on the line. It turned out to be a baby 8lb LMB. He sucked down my live crawdad like it was candy.

In all the excitement to get picture, my camera fell in the water. I retrieved it in a heartbeat but the water had already done its toll. I O U a picture. Wait till spring when the bass get a little bigger.

The wind started kicking up on TubeNtoo decided he had enough of that. Since the wind was in my favor( would take me to shore with ease) I decided to kick it for a little while longer. There were no more bites after that.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Piru/Castaic Tubing Report 1/17/04 - by tubeN2 - 01-20-2004, 06:19 PM