Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic (60-70+++) day at Strawberry
I am happy to share the info.....but in a very strange case like this it isnt going to make much of a difference I don't think.
There was zero structure. In fact I was headed for a point I like and it was already occupied. so I ended up smack dab in the middle of a bay. The only reason I selected the spot is because the wind had blown all the snow off this one small section of ice and I didn't have to deal with snow or clear it away.
I was in 32 feet of water....but that didn't matter much either....I was marking and catching fish from 3 inches under the ice to 3 inches off the bottom and everywhere in between. Wherever I stopped my jig I would bounce it a few times and the fish would show up.
Color and size did not matter. I used everything from a small rat-finkie all the way up to a 3 in white tube jig and they hit it all. Pink, white, chartreuse, yellow, green,.....It just did not matter.
And as you can see in the video - I was using a chartreuse jig with a treble hook below it and NO bait and they were still very interested in it.

I really wish I could offer information that would help...but it really was just one of those freaky....lucky as heck days.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Epic (60-70+++) day at Strawberry - by rgreenland - 01-25-2016, 04:07 AM
Re: [dregs] Epic (60-70+++) day at Strawberry - by rgreenland - 01-25-2016, 05:55 PM