Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard..Crappy Day=Crappie Day...
Hit Willard today at 0700, weather forecast was a little off, it said afternoon thunderstorms but by 0800 it was wicked. I started in the North marina and didn't venture out into the main lake because the wind was picking up pretty good, within 5 minutes had my first Crappie in hand, I had a few more hits and another solid hookup that came undone..here comes the storm, headed over to the ramp and waited out the wind and rain for an hour, the weather got pretty nice after that initial blow.

Went back out and landed a few more Crappie in the marina, the weather got better so I headed out to Eagle Beach since the wind calmed down, had a couple of hits, nothing landed, not many fish marked. A couple of guys came over in a boat and asked if I was Remo, it was Moosedog..good to meet you. Fishing was slow so back to the marina, where I met another BFT member Jerkineyes, he gave me a few tips..good to meet you also. I stuck around a little longer and landed a few more Crappie, no Wipers today but was nice to be out, all Crappie came on the fly except one on a tube jig, I guess I landed 7 or so. They all looked like the one in the pic. Have a fun flotilla tomorrow!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard..Crappy Day=Crappie Day... - by remo_5_0 - 05-06-2016, 09:44 PM