Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty Queen at Lindon 6-2-16
[#0000FF]You know I always have to include at least one Timp pic in my UL reports...for me, if not for my HGS.

Good luck when you guys gang up on the cats. Hope you whack a biggun.

Your (Sad) tale of your recent visit down there...without being able to fish...reminds me of an experience I had while living in Sacramento, CA. One evening I was fishing the Truckee River below where it came out of Lake Tahoe. I was waving a flyrod and hooking a nice trout almost every cast. There was a super hatch coming off and that stretch of river was alive with jumping trout.

As I moved down to fish one lovely run I noticed a guy in a tux leaning over the wooden rail around a deck on the back of a wedding reception center on the river. After watching me release several nice trout in a row he hollered across the water..."Hey, can I rent your fishing rod for a few minutes...say for a hundred bucks?"

Turns out he had been Shanghaied into attending a wedding in his wife's family...and he had sneaked out to watch the river. I told him about the little bridge a short ways upstream...that I had used to get across earlier. He fairly ran up to the bridge and back to join me. Recognizing that he was a pretty good sized guy...like me...I was already out of my waders and helped him get into them...still wearing his tux. He was a fairly accomplished fly flinger already so about all I had to do was make sure the gear was ready and show him where to get into the water.

He was having a great time until his whoops of enjoyment brought his wife out onto the deck across the river. Her words to him made me wonder if that wedding might be a cause for his soon-to-be divorce. But as he put his shiny shoes back on and headed back for the bridge he laughed and said..."That was great...and worth whatever she's gonna dump on me on the way home."

Oh yeah...I wouldn't accept his money. I got plenty of enjoys just watching him in action.

Attending funerals is seldom pleasant. But it can be made more tolerable by enjoying a return to places you love and reliving more pleasurable times from the past.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Kitty Queen at Lindon 6-2-16 - by TubeDude - 06-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Re: [lavaman] Kitty Queen at Lindon 6-2-16 - by TubeDude - 06-03-2016, 07:04 PM