Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanele 8-25
Today was great at Jordanelle. I got a bunch of advice from a guy at sportsmans warehouse on how to catch bass, but none of it seemed to work. But i tried out pop gear for the first time with a worm and caught a bunch of trout. I think we landed about 10 rainbows with 5-7 that got off as well as other strikes and nibbles that didn't hook them. Just using weights and a worm or pop gear and a worm while trolling. We also caught 2 tiny smallmouths, one on a worm, and the other on a trolling crankbait. We were not able to catch any larger bass or perch, which was the main reason we went there today. The trout fishing is doing excellent there and we had a great time.

For bass and perch i would like some advice. I was throwing Texas rigged, weightles and carolina rigged as well as wacky rig. We were throwing them toward the shoreline at the steep cliffs as well as doing the same with crankbaits. Nothing. We went to the shallower area to cast our senkos and jig with maribou jigs tipped with worm but nothing. I've heard there are a ton of bass and perch here but we were not able to locate many.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jordanele 8-25 - by fishingchef - 08-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Re: [fishingchef] Jordanele 8-25 - by RockyRaab - 08-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Re: [fishingchef] Jordanele 8-25 - by albinotrout - 08-26-2016, 06:22 AM