Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1965 Evinrude Sportwin Value?
Hi All,

I have this 1965 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5 hp that I am thinking of selling. I purchased an aluminum boat in 2012 and this motor was included in the sale. I upgraded to a 15 hp Evinrude and now this 9.5 hp is just sitting in my garage.

I've used this motor 3 times. It started right up and worked just fine each time. The seller told me he had it serviced in 2009 or 2010, so it has been 6 or 7 years since it was last tuned up. I never got it serviced because I knew I wouldn't be using it anymore.

It was stored in his shed while he owned it, and I have had it in my garage, so it hasn't been left out in the elements.

I would like your opinion on what a fair selling price would be for it.

Thank you in advance.
[signature]
Well there are some questions that come to mind, when it comes to selling a motor like this. Does it have electric start? Is it a short shaft, regular or long shaft? Does it have a gas tank? Is it a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke? Last question, do you have a barrel that you could fill with water to start it up so the buyer could hear it run? Most buyer want to see a motor run before they fork out $$. Depending on your answers and how it runs, IMO it might be worth anywhere from $300 to $750 or so. Just for comparison, I paid $925 for a 94 Yamaha, regular shaft, 4 stroke, with electric start.
[signature]